Friday, January 10, 2014

Okay.

Patience has never been one of my strong suits. I'm a firstborn, independent, "confident" female and I want things done now, and if they can't, I just do them myself. (Which is one reason this whole waiting-for-the-right-guy-to-come-along business is such a problem. "I can fix it myself" doesn't work in this situation. Anyways...) 
How does one become content where God has placed them? I know I will never be content. God has not called me to be single. I need people. I just need to be okay where He has me. Not happy, not sad; not miserable, not wonderful. Just okay. I'm getting to the point where I am honestly okay where God has me. Seriously. (If only I can learn to stay off Facebook and avoid the posts/statuses/pictures of friends getting married/engaged.) God is keeping me from my future husband for a reason. I just need to be patient. Yes, that is easier said than done, but there *is* a reason.

2 comments:

  1. You didn't ask for opinions, so apologies if this comment is redundant...I've read your blog for a long time, and wanted you to know I feel for your situation.

    I fell hard for someone once, but circumstances prevented us from becoming close. Later I was in a short relationship with someone else; though we were very close, it wasn't love. The thing I take from it, is that the right person means more than the right status. Falling in love didn't change my singleness, but it didn't leave me with any doubts, either.

    Take comfort that love will come both gradually and suddenly. There won't be any ambiguity about it. I won't tell you to be patient, because I'm also impatient to see where my life is going. God understands that, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll totally take comments! It's great having people that understand what I'm going through and offer their take on it.
      I recently told a friend of mine that I don't think I'm ready for a relationship, but I would just like a decent guy (that is somewhat attractive and meets more than 2 of my "criteria") to notice me instead of the creeps and weirdos that have acted interested of late. It's just frustrating because I can't see the light at the end of the tunnel. Praying and trusting God is really all I can do at this point. :)
      Again, thank you for your comments! :)

      Delete