Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Fireworks.

So tonight was literally the best 4th of July celebration I've ever experienced for two reasons:
1. I'm here at KAA and surrounded by people that make me feel at home. This place is amazing.  And they really knows how to throw a party. Yes, I missed half of the celebration because we had a kamper get a mild concussion and I had to stay with him in the Health Center. And yes, I didn't get to enjoy the fireworks from start to finish, but this leads to my second reason.
2. This is the first 4th celebration where I don't feel alone. Yes, I'm still single, but I didn't feel alone tonight. Usually, I'll sit on a blanket as fireworks light up the sky and have tears streaming down my face because I want to enjoy this moment with someone special. And year after year it doesn't happen. I sit there with friends or family or both and pretend like I'm having a good time when I'm really falling apart inside. This year was totally different. It's an amazing feeling. God is really working in my life and it couldn't have come at a better time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment