Saturday, March 19, 2011

Birthday.

As my birthday approaches, I can't help but notice the feelings of dread and disappointment that are slowly creeping in. Yet another year has flown by. I am happy with my life the way it is, but I'm not ecstatic. I know I should be satisfied with what God is doing in my life, but it's another milestone birthday and I have never even been on a date. I won't date a guy just for the sake of dating, but I would really like to have someone that wants to take me out for coffee or just text me that he hopes my day at school/work will be swell or tell me that he though of me and it made him smile.
I love my family, but I feel like someone is missing. I keep saying that, but it's that feeling you get when you go on a trip. You just know you forgot something, but you can't remember what it was (and you usually don't remember until you need it and can't find it).
I'm going through withdrawal for someone I don't even know. It's hard.

I'm one of those girls that plans out her future. I though I had it all figured out. We would start dating around Thanksgiving, he would propose to me on or around my birthday, and we would get married this October/November.
Well... As you can tell by my previous posts, I have yet to find that special someone.
Yes, God could have just done this to spite me (the positive kind of spite) and show me that He's the boss and has a fantastic plan that has nothing to do with my plans. I keep trying to hand my love story over to the best Author ever, but I'm selfish. I keep pulling the pages back and doodling my ideas on the margins.

No comments:

Post a Comment