Friday, February 18, 2011

Perhaps.

I would like to thank Disney for filling my childhood with fond memories. Memories of girls dressed in beautiful gowns, of fairy godmothers, of rags to riches, of dancing with your true love.
But among all the happy dreams, the happily ever afters, I would like to thank Disney for ruining my love life.
First off, they parade these ideal men in front of us as little girls and we grow up thinking that the Disney Princes are perfect. Now that we are grown up, we realize that a man like that doesn't exist. According to Disney,  "Prince Charming" will randomly bust out into song, sweep you up into the saddle, defeat dragons for you,  win impossible battles, save you from almost imminent death, and look awesome in a cape.
But they never show us what happens after "happily ever after."
Did they ever have children? Did they get old and wrinkled? Did their love last?

Most girls jump from guy to guy, hoping to find their Prince. They look for him in every guy they pass on the street. They are looking for love in all the wrong places. I am by no means an expert on where to find love {believe me, I'm looking!! ;) } but it hurts when I see girls that are way younger than me flinging themselves at every single guy they meet. That's not how God intended it to go.
Here's one of my favorite quotes:


Perhaps after all, romance did not come into one's life with pomp and blare like a gay night riding down; perhaps it crept to one's side like an old friend through quiet ways; perhaps it revealed itself in seeming prose, until some sudden shaft of illumination flung athwart its pages betrayed the rhythm and the music; perhaps... perhaps... love unfolded naturally out of a beautiful friendship, as a golden-hearted rose slipping from its green sheath.
- Anne of Avonlea

No comments:

Post a Comment