Sunday, February 27, 2011

Roads.

Of all the different roads we can travel down, which one do we choose?

I know everyone wants to find the one but how do you know which road is the right one? 

It's like driving down a lonely country road late at night with only one headlight working… It's very hard to see the whole road when your vision is obstructed or hindered.

When you are driving down the road called life, there are so many different turn offs.
Which one do you take? Do you choose the safe path? The one you know so well you can traverse it blindfolded. But what about the path that has turns and hills? You never know what will be around the next bend or at the top of the next hill. Or what about the one that goes along the edge of a ravine? The one that promises adventure and thrill at every turn.
Your GPS doesn't work here. Stopping and asking for directions from the locals isn't an option. You aren't alone, but sometimes it feels like it. God is your navigator. 

God is the only one that knows which path I'm supposed to take. That's the hard part. I feel like I'm driving down the highway and I keep passing all these exits, wondering if I should get off or keep going. Do I stay on and pray God will tell me when it's time to get off? Or do I chance it? I could be getting off at the right place, or I could be getting off in the worst part of town. I don't know. I feel like I lost my map. I don't know where to go. 

1 comment:

  1. Trust God. Pray a lot. And try (and pray) to be content in your life right now. I think God wants us to be content before he moves us onward in our journey.

    Very good post Michelle...I think you're at the stage of life that I was about three years ago.

    ~Heather

    ReplyDelete