Thursday, February 24, 2011

Today.

Don't wait till it's too late.

One of my favorite songs is Today by Gary Allen.
(If you haven't heard it, it's about a guy watching the woman he loves get married to another guy and how he wishes he would have taken that chance and told her how he felt before it was too late.)
I've never had that experience, but I wouldn't wish it upon anyone. 
I'm a chicken when it comes to saying how I feel about people (other than my really close friends… you know who you are.. :D). 
If I was the type of girl that went after guys, I would probably have had one, if not several, boyfriends. But I'm not. I don't think it's my place to go after a guy. I think he should make the first move. I was told by a friend that I am good at hiding how I feel about guys. I guess that's true. I'm to scared that I'll embarrass myself.
If you know me, you know I'm the jokester in the bunch. Not the prank/stunt type… More the teasing-joke-telling-funny-blonde type. From the outside, it's probably viewed as flirting (Trust me. It's not.) I feel more accepted when *I* make people laugh (not at me, with me).

I do think that honesty is best, unless someone gets hurt in the process.

I totally took that to a completely different topic than I originally wanted. Back on track.

I wish we could go back to the 3rd grade days of old. "Do you like me? Check yes or no." 
Why is it so hard to express how we feel? Why are we afraid to jump? 
I'm not normally a risk taker, but I almost feel like I am by posting this. What if the wrong person reads this? What if the right person reads this? What if I help someone? What if I totally screw up someone's life? 

I guess you can take what you want/need away from this post. Hope it helps someone… 

No comments:

Post a Comment